Learning how to flat twist your own natural hair can be a challenge to say the least, but don’t be discouraged I brought out all the heavy artillery to get you set on this journey of endless style possibility. Before I jump into how to flat twist your natural hair I really want to stress this is a time to learn. Allow yourself time to fail, do not attempt to learn and create a style. I suggest practicing on hair that is dirty, possible right before shampoo day. Keep it easy on yourself and remove and stress that comes with trying to get an amazing outcome, practice makes perfect!
If you are a visual learner check out this VERY detailed video on how to flat twist your natural hair. I show multiple angles and give slow precise directions.
If you prefer still images, I have provided those for you as well. Check it out!
How to Flat Twist Natural Hair:
- Determine if you want your twist to go straight back, to the side or towards the front. Position your hands accordingly.
- Part your hair into an easy workable section. Parting for this tutorial doesn’t mean the straightest lines in the world!!! Cut yourself some slack we are learning. 🙂
- Start with two even sized sections at the start of the twist, you will want the density of each section to be as even as possible.
- Twist one section behind the other section.
- With your pointer finger, slide it into the hair that is loose and parted out a section of hair. Add it to the section of hair you just twisted
- Repeat until you get to the end of your parted section. Remember to always add the hair to the twist you just twisted. End each flat twist with a two strand twist.
See, I told you I was bring out the heavy artillery. Between the images and video you should be able to find the best way to learn how to flat twist your natural hair. Practice makes perfect, before you know it you will be the flat twist queen! Styling options will open vastly and you will not have to rock the same styles constantly. Natural hair doesn’t have to be boring!!! Push yourself to explore style options, learning this won’t be easy but it will be worth it!
Let me know down below, was this helpful? If you found this article helpful, share it!!! Lets help the next natural expand her style options! I would like to invite you to sign up for my newsletter, this way you will always be in the know with all things MA!
Latest posts by Maria Antoinette (see all)
- Here’s a Simple Way to Care for Your Scalp While Wearing a Protective Style - April 26, 2017
- How to Slay Festival Season Seventeen - April 12, 2017
- How To Install The Most Realistic Faux Locs - April 10, 2017