We have all heard that deep conditioners are good for our hair. But do we really know how to apply them? It’s important to know what they are, why we need them, and when exactly to use them. Likewise, you must also know that there’s a difference between deep conditioning and a daily conditioner. A daily conditioner is something that coats your hair within five minutes of use. It can also be used after every shampoo and will keep your hair moisturized for a week or two. However, a deep conditioner is heavier, thicker, and will make your hair hydrated and moisturized from root to tip. Considering these results, if you aren’t already deep conditioning your hair yet, you need to start doing so. If you’re still unsure I have all the do’s and don’ts of deep conditioning for you to know. So let’s get right into it!
Here are the do’s and don’ts of deep conditioning:
- Apply after shampoo
- Use a deep conditioner as frequently as you need to
- Sleep in your deep conditioner
- Skip deep conditioning
What I Used:
- Cantu Coil Calm Detangle
- Cantu Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
- Shower Cap
- Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
- Attachment Heat Bonnet – Gold n’ Hot
- Hair Dryer – FHI
Here’s How to Apply Deep Conditioner:
- Begin with detangling hair with Coil Calm Detangler from Cantu. I apply it starting at the ends and I work in towards my roots.
- Shampoo hair with Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo.
- Remove all excess water with a t-shirt.
- Section hair into four quadrants with a wide tooth comb.
- Take a generous amount Cantu Deep Treatment Masque and place at the ends of your hair first. Make sure your hair is hydrated from tip to roots.
- Place a shower cap on your head. Deep conditioning your hair this way traps natural heat.
- Use a dryer for 10 minutes and set the temperature to medium heat.
- After 10 minutes has elapsed, remove bonnet, shower cap, and ring the excess water out of my hair.
- Style hair as you see fit using the LCO Method.
Looking for more visuals on deep conditioning? Check out the full video tutorial here:
Latest posts by Maria Antoinette (see all)
- 10 Romantic Date Night Ideas For Any Time of The Year - January 26, 2023
- Tips To Help You Reconnect With What Brings You Joy - January 19, 2023
- Planning A Road Trip? Here Are Some Key Tips You Should Know - January 12, 2023
I have the 4c hair. There are days when I just don’t feel pretty. Either the weather has packed it to my head or it’s dry and brittle. Do you suggest a daily leave in conditioner, followed by a deep conditioner every now and then. What can I put on my hair to soften it daily. Help please