Before my husband and I got married we sat down to discuss what we expected from each other. One thing we realized, since we married young, was that we would change. One of the ways that you can keep up with the changes that comes with life and grow together is to have date nights. They can be something simple as just talking to each other about what your life plans are for the next five years to a getaway vacation.
One mistake many people make once they are committed is to stop dating one another.
That is a disastrous step in a relationship. Since we never stop learning and we are always changing how will you get to know your significant other if you aren’t checking in with one another. We live in a very fast paced society and we tend to forget to slow down a little. Date nights are a great way to have a night for yourselves and catch up on life. Talking about kids and work should either be off limits or limited. Talk about your dreams, aspirations, your likes and dislikes. The key is to learn about your partner.
We have been having weekly date nights since we got married over a decade ago. It is something we look forward to weekly and even after having our kids we still work it into our routine. We have one rule. NO PHONES. We put them away and we take pics with each other either before the date or after.
It’s important for your to be present in the moment.
A lot of times you may get into a dating rut and all you can think about doing is dinner and a movie. Well look no further. Here is a list I have made of 40 great date night ideas (we have done all of these and they are so much fun)
- Painting with a Twist(Fun art date that you can drink wine at)
- Art Gallery
- Ride Go-Carts
- Go Kayaking or Tubing(in winter months Ice Skating or Sledding)
- Bike Riding
- Go Dancing(extra points if it’s a style you two have never tried)
- Visit another city
- Go hear Jazz,spoken word, or reggae
- Visit a Piano Bar
- Grab Beers at a local Brewery
- Visit tourist spots in your own town
- Take a walk– around your neighborhood, a beach, a park, by a lake
- Go see a local band
- Visit the zoo
- Go rock climbing
- Attend a festival in your town
- Purchase tickets an amusement park and ride roller coasters or take in some shows
- Pick fruit that is in season at a local farm
- See fireworks
- Spend the afternoon at the coffee shop
- Get takeout and have a picnic in the park
- Rent a hotel room and order room service
- Netflix it up watch and entires season of your favorite TV show
- Go Wine tasting
- Go for a long drive and make a playlist of songs that remind you of one another you can listen to on the road
What about AFTER baby comes?
Does that mean that you have to stop your weekly date night? absolutely not. That just means that you have to be creative and you may have to spend some nights at home. After baby goes to bed that is the time for you and your significant other.
- Play a board Game
- Rent a movie and have dinner on the floor with lots of blankets and pillows
- Do a puzzle together
- Cook a dinner together
- Record a video about when you met and fell in love(watch it on your anniversary)
- Give each other massages
- Play a video game together
- Ice Cream Sundae night
- Grab Takeout and eat by Candlelight
- Read something together
- Plan your dream vacation
- Share where you want to be in 5 to 10 yrs
- Play a card game
- Make milkshakes
- Make a pizza from scratch (don’t forget the wine)
All in all, have fun with each other!
More importantly, keep communication open. This is one key to a happy strong relationship
What are some of your favorite date night ideas? Comment below. I would love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Amber Razmus (see all)
- Five Important Tips For Practicing Mental Health Self-Care - May 23, 2018
- Five Reasons to Take Your Toddler to Disney - May 3, 2018
- Festival Hair Ideas to Try Right Now - April 18, 2018