Statement necklaces are the go to fashion accessory for most women. Every woman most likely own a few statement necklaces in their jewelry collection. Which leads me to the perfect question. Why do we keep buy more when we can create an incredible statement necklace from necklaces we already have in our personal jewelry collection?!?!!?
This simple tutorial will walk you through using older pieces from your jewelry collection and making them into your newest favorite piece!!!
The first thing you will want to do is scan your old necklaces. Next find inspiration that matches what you have in your collection. Now you probably won’t be able to match the inspired piece exact but be inspired!!! I simple did a Google search for statement necklaces and screen shot a few that excited me. I wasn’t able to create my whole necklace with older jewelry. With a quick run to my local craft store I purchased a few fillers and I was on my way to statement necklace heaven.
What you will need:
- A few older necklaces. (One large enough and or strong enough to carry the weight of the new necklace)
- Felt Fabric (color of choice or design)
- Filler Beads, chains, rhinestones (any and all that fit your design)
- Pen & Paper – for pattern
- Wire Cutters
- E6000 Adhesive in clear
- Find base necklace – one that can hold the weight of the new necklace. One that is sturdy.
- Find inspiration – simple Google Search
- Get all extra materials
- Lay the base necklace down and sketch out a pattern of the shape you want the statement necklace to be.
- Measure that pattern to the felt fabric
- Using the E6000 Glue the base necklace down to the felt fabric.
- Start to measure and build out your design.
- Glue it down in sections. Working keep my project very clean.
- Let dry over 24 hours
- Rock your new DIY statement necklace with pride.
Here is a step by step video…
Hope you found this post helpful,
~ Maria Antoinette
Latest posts by Maria Antoinette (see all)
- 10 Romantic Date Night Ideas For Any Time of The Year - January 26, 2023
- Tips To Help You Reconnect With What Brings You Joy - January 19, 2023
- Planning A Road Trip? Here Are Some Key Tips You Should Know - January 12, 2023